Welcome one and all to Do or Do Not, my stab at having somewhere to put those ideas that sprout into my brain and don’t fit into of my other repositories for pop culture spewage (Movie-, Comic- and Sportsgeekz; see links at left). I’m still not 100% sure what you will and won’t be seeing on this site, but I’ve got some vague ideas:
- You might see anything I think I have to say about politics, technology, spirituality or generally heady topics of that sort.
- You might see some navel-gazing; I have a lot of thinking I need to do about a large number of topics, and that thinking tends to work better and crystallize more clearly when I write it down. Knowing that I’m going to publish my thoughts out to the Webbernet and expose them to mass ridicule makes me more inclined to put actual work into those thoughts.
- While you might see some insight into the inner workings of my mind, such as they are, you won’t see any personal attacks on anyone or spilling of secrets or anything of the like here; not even any gossip, sorry. This is a journal intended to make me write more frequently and with more effort, not a LiveJournal intended to stir up drama.
- You might see some short fiction pieces. I really need to get back to working on my fiction, and the whole bit about publishing from above applies here, too. You get to laugh at my comical attempts to recapture my fiction voice, which I apparently allowed to escape sometime during the last two or three years.
- You will get to see occasional bits of news I find interesting and occasional nuggets of wisdom I find inspirational or amusing.
- You won’t get to see anything about sports, movies or comic books, since I cover those topics elsewhere (again, see left), but you might get discussion of music, TV, books or other forms of pop culture I don’t have specific sites set up to dissect.
- You might get satire. If you’re good.
So that’s what we have to look forward to together. I hope I can provide you with something reasonably interesting and/or entertaining to read, and I hope you can provide me with feedback–don’t be afraid of the “Comments” link below each post.